What’s going on at the Steel Vengeance site?
- Created on .
What’s going on at the Steel Vengeance site?
1) PRICE - Looking for something a little cheaper than the hotels located right on the point? Cedar Point’s Express Hotel is worth every penny! Generally priced around $100 (depending on dates and deals), you are getting a steal. Many hotels and motels in the area will charge you the exact same amount and you won’t get half of the amenities or the cleanliness. Trust me when I say, this one is worth it!
2) DISTANCE - Located only 2 miles from the park, CP Express is as close as you can get without staying on the actual peninsula. Unfortunately the hotel does not offer a shuttle to and from this location, but with a driving distance of only 5 minutes, you really can’t complain.
3) WALKING DISTANCE TO OTHER FUN - While Cedar Point is obviously the main focus of your trip, I wanted to mention some of the other options located within walking distance of CP Express. Located on connecting property to a city park, the hotel is perfect for anyone with small children. If it happens to be a rainy day, my personal favorite option is The Thirsty Pony and Cedar Lanes complex. With laser tag, bowling, an indoor waterpark, and horse betting, you have rainy day options for the whole family! Looking for slightly larger indoor water park? Try visiting Castaway Bay, which is located right across the water from CP Express. Platinum Pass holders can visit Castaway Bay for a cool $15!
4) FOOD - Who doesn’t love food? Sometimes we all need a break to refuel and the hotel has tons of fantastic nearby options. I already mentioned The Thirsty Pony, but what I didn’t mention was their great food! Make sure you try their fried pickles and bring home a fun souvenir cup shaped like a guitar or a blender. Another great sit down option is Quaker Steak & Lube. Located at Castaway Bay, this restaurant features yummy wings, a great view of the bay, and a creative variety of objects bolted to the walls (I promise you won’t run out of stuff to look at). Sometimes after a long day in the park we just need something quick and cheap. McDonald’s and Dairy Queen are located adjacent to the hotel, leaving you two great options before heading to bed.
5) TICKET DISCOUNTS - If you buy your tickets through CP Express, you can expect some fantastic deals! General park admission for a ticket bought at the front gate is $67, but if you purchase a ticket online or while staying at the hotel, expect to only pay $45! As a bonus, this ticket gets you into the new Cedar Point Shores (formerly Soak City) on the same day you use the ticket.
6) EARLY ENTRY - After you snag your tickets at the hotel, don’t forget about early entry into the park! All guests staying overnight receive early entry into Cedar Point, helping you get that extra ride (or 3) on Millennium Force! Other early entry rides include Valravn, Maverick, Gatekeeper, Tiki Twirl, Cadillac Cars, Dodgem, Cedar Downs, Kiddy Kingdom and the Midway Carousel.
7) UPDATED LOBBY AND GIFT SHOP - New this year, Cedar Point updated the entire interior of CP Express. Expect to see brand new seating, rugs and other décor while you wait to check in. Another great new feature in the lobby is the expanded gift shop. Why buy your souvenir t-shirts and toys in the park when you can buy them right at the hotel and not have to carry them all day? Don’t need souvenirs? The gift shop has the availability to purchase coffee and donuts for breakfast, along with tons of snacks and microwave meals for late night munchies.
8) UPDATED HOTEL ROOMS - The minute you walk into your room, it’s like you’ve been transported right into Cedar Point’s Hotel Breakers located on the peninsula. Like Breakers, CP Express now offers brand new flooring, bedding, paint and furnishings. The rooms are clean, the TVs are flat, and the air conditioners work wonderfully. Also included in your room are coffee pots, mini refrigerators, and microwaves.
9) CLEAN UPDATED BATHROOMS - Everyone loves clean bathrooms, so this is a must have on my list. Expect to see brand new open-view vanities, paint, flooring, and even “no slam” toilet seats. Cedar Point went all out updating the bathrooms and it certainly shows.
10) COURTYARD/ POOL - Last but not least, our favorite new feature of CP Express has to be the courtyard. New this year, CP added a brand new splash pad, as well as heat to their Snoopy shaped swimming pool. If swimming isn’t your thing, the new courtyard now offers plenty of shaded space with tables and chairs for you to relax at after an exhausting day.
By - Brittany McMillan
For the fourth year in a row, the Run & Ride Race Series is hosting its annual race weekend at Cedar Point! Runners have several race options, including the Cedar Point half marathon (13.1 mi.), the Valravn quarter-marathon (6.55 mi.), the Millennium Force 5K (3.1 mi.), the Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown 1-mile fun run, or a combo of races through Cedar Point and downtown Sandusky, Ohio.
Even if running isn't your "thing," this race weekend is a must-do for the most diehard Cedar Point fan. Here are our top 5 reasons why you should check it out:
Courses/Location: Okay, this is a no-brainer. The courses are all about location, with the shorter distances staying within the park and on the peninsula, and the half marathon taking runners into downtown Sandusky and back. No matter which race you choose, you will be treated to a spectacular, behind-the-scenes tour of the park before it even opens. And a fun bonus: the roller coasters are operating as you run by - or even under - the tracks! The courses offer Cedar Point fans a new way to experience the park, and it's truly an unforgettable experience.
Swag: Run & Ride does a phenomenal job when it comes to "swag." With a 1-mile run or 5K entry, you receive a classic Charlie Brown unisex shirt (in addition to your medal and park entry, discussed below!). Quarter-marathon and half marathon participants receive Charlie Brown shirts that have gender-specific cuts and are moisture-wicking. In addition, half marathon participants also get a runner's cap, a buff, and a car magnet! On top of all that, race registration for everyone includes free parking, complimentary bag check, BibChip timing, race course photography, and an incredible post-race spread, including water, sports drinks, chocolate milk, bagels, bananas, and more!
Medals/Theme: The race weekend features the Peanuts characters, of course! This year's medals feature Peppermint Patty (1-mile run), Sally (5K), Linus (quarter-marathon), and Snoopy (half-marathon) in their own roller coaster cars! And the best part? The medals have magnets so you can connect them and make your own roller coaster train.
Price/Ticket Packages: The race prices vary depending on how early you register, if you are taking on multiple races, and what kind of park pass option you choose. For example, the earliest registration for the half marathon is $80 and includes a Weekend Park Pass - meaning, you can get into the park Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday of race weekend! For that early-bird price, you get incredible bang for your buck. Here's a breakdown of the registrations and park pass options:
- 1-mile fun run: With registration, runners can have no park ticket included, a 1-Day Park Pass included (used either Saturday or Sunday of race weekend), or the Weekend Park Pass included. Prices vary by registration and by park pass type.
- 5K: With registration, runners can choose between the 1-Day Park Pass or the Weekend Park Pass.
- Quarter-marathon: With registration, runners can choose between the 1-Day Park Pass, the Weekend Park Pass, or the Total Inversion Package, which includes registration for the quarter-marathon, 5K, and Weekend Park Pass
- Half-marathon: With registration, runners can choose between the Weekend Park Pass or the Total Inversion Package, which includes registration for the half-marathon, 5K, and Weekend Park Pass.
Charity: Many runners choose to raise money for charity, and Run & Ride makes it even easier for runners to donate! According to Run & Ride's website, the organization will donate $3 for every half marathon registration, $2 for every quarter-marathon and 5K registration, and $1 for every 1-mile registration to the local chapter of the Boys and Girls Club of America. Additionally, Run & Ride donates $10 to the nonprofit for every chapter volunteer helping at the race.
Additional race information can be found at https://www.runandriderace.com/cedarpoint , and yes, you can still register to run, so what are you waiting for! Don't miss out on this unique, fun chance to race through the roller coaster capital of the world.
Cedar Point Half Marathon Weekend
- 5K and 1-mile run on Saturday, June 10, 2017
- Quarter-marathon and half-marathon on Sunday, June 11, 2017
- Packet pickup at Castaway Bay Ballroom (2001 Cleveland Road, Sandusky, Ohio 44870)
By - Tracy Brätt
What’s going on at the old Mean Streak site? Check out our weekly updates! CLICK HERE TO VIEW UPDATE/PICTURES!
Now that the long off-season is over we can get into the 2017 season! Here are 4 things that you should do to prepare yourself for an amazing summer!
1. Consider a drink/meal plan add-on for the season (You must have a season pass)
I very strongly recommend this option for getting drinks in the park. There are a few different season long drink options. You can get the classic souvenir bottle or the new bottle free drink plan. The bottle free drink plan has the convenience of being scanned on a pass like the dining plans. There’s no need to worry about finding a locker to store your bottle when you want to ride.
This year, the drink plan costs $29.99 plus tax for unlimited refills for the ENTIRE season! You can get a drink every 15 minutes at any of the participating locations. In addition, for $10.99 plus tax, there is a souvenir bottle drink plan that provides free refills on the day of purchase, and $.99 refills the rest of the season.
The All Season Dining Plan allows two meals per visit, at participating locations, and is only $99.00 plus tax. You can break even on this purchase in only three visits, very similar to the other season pass options! It includes awesome restaurants like Panda Express, Pink’s Hot Dogs, Chickie and Pete’s, and many other great options. The drink and meal plans work at all Cedar Fair parks!
2. Download the Cedar Point mobile app!
The FREE mobile app offers so many benefits, such as storing a digital copy of your season pass, ride wait times, a park map, show information, Fun Pix, and so many other great features. It’s a very handy tool to help you traverse the park and help you to have a great day!
3. Get excited for the all-new Cedar Point Shores!
Sandusky can get very hot during the summer and the newly expanded waterpark for 2017 is sure to be a hit. Put on your swimsuit and enjoy all of the amenities, slides, and especially the swim-up bar!
Included with Cedar Point Shores is a revamp of many of the existing slides and buildings, as well as an entirely new waterslide complex, restaurants, and a new kids area! Local Legend “Lemmy” of Lake Erie is the theme to the children’s area, and features a slide through Lemmy’s head!
Point Plummet is the new waterslide complex, which involves “drop slides,” with a trap door to release you into the slide! There will also be an all new and unique restaurant at the water park called Crystal Rock Café. It will serve sandwiches, salads, and much more for the whole family to enjoy. With all of these great additions to the waterpark, it surely will become a great destination to compliment Cedar Point.
4. Be aware of other park changes in 2017!
Every year there are many additions to the park, big or small, and this year is no different! In addition to the ones we mentioned, you should check out Melt Bar and Grilled, a restaurant local to the Cleveland area featuring gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, a new Famous Dave’s location located on Frontier Trail, and Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling (formerly known as Ripcord)!
We look forward to seeing you on the midway and we hope you have a wonderful season this summer! Have fun and ride on!
By - Eric Kaesberg
What’s Going on with Mean Streak? Check out our weekly updates! CLICK HERE TO VIEW UPDATE/PICTURES!