For the fourth year in a row, the Run & Ride Race Series is hosting its annual race weekend at Cedar Point! Runners have several race options, including the Cedar Point half marathon (13.1 mi.), the Valravn quarter-marathon (6.55 mi.), the Millennium Force 5K (3.1 mi.), the Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown 1-mile fun run, or a combo of races through Cedar Point and downtown Sandusky, Ohio.
Even if running isn't your "thing," this race weekend is a must-do for the most diehard Cedar Point fan. Here are our top 5 reasons why you should check it out:
Courses/Location: Okay, this is a no-brainer. The courses are all about location, with the shorter distances staying within the park and on the peninsula, and the half marathon taking runners into downtown Sandusky and back. No matter which race you choose, you will be treated to a spectacular, behind-the-scenes tour of the park before it even opens. And a fun bonus: the roller coasters are operating as you run by - or even under - the tracks! The courses offer Cedar Point fans a new way to experience the park, and it's truly an unforgettable experience.
Swag: Run & Ride does a phenomenal job when it comes to "swag." With a 1-mile run or 5K entry, you receive a classic Charlie Brown unisex shirt (in addition to your medal and park entry, discussed below!). Quarter-marathon and half marathon participants receive Charlie Brown shirts that have gender-specific cuts and are moisture-wicking. In addition, half marathon participants also get a runner's cap, a buff, and a car magnet! On top of all that, race registration for everyone includes free parking, complimentary bag check, BibChip timing, race course photography, and an incredible post-race spread, including water, sports drinks, chocolate milk, bagels, bananas, and more!
Medals/Theme: The race weekend features the Peanuts characters, of course! This year's medals feature Peppermint Patty (1-mile run), Sally (5K), Linus (quarter-marathon), and Snoopy (half-marathon) in their own roller coaster cars! And the best part? The medals have magnets so you can connect them and make your own roller coaster train.
Price/Ticket Packages: The race prices vary depending on how early you register, if you are taking on multiple races, and what kind of park pass option you choose. For example, the earliest registration for the half marathon is $80 and includes a Weekend Park Pass - meaning, you can get into the park Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday of race weekend! For that early-bird price, you get incredible bang for your buck. Here's a breakdown of the registrations and park pass options:
- 1-mile fun run: With registration, runners can have no park ticket included, a 1-Day Park Pass included (used either Saturday or Sunday of race weekend), or the Weekend Park Pass included. Prices vary by registration and by park pass type.
- 5K: With registration, runners can choose between the 1-Day Park Pass or the Weekend Park Pass.
- Quarter-marathon: With registration, runners can choose between the 1-Day Park Pass, the Weekend Park Pass, or the Total Inversion Package, which includes registration for the quarter-marathon, 5K, and Weekend Park Pass
- Half-marathon: With registration, runners can choose between the Weekend Park Pass or the Total Inversion Package, which includes registration for the half-marathon, 5K, and Weekend Park Pass.
Charity: Many runners choose to raise money for charity, and Run & Ride makes it even easier for runners to donate! According to Run & Ride's website, the organization will donate $3 for every half marathon registration, $2 for every quarter-marathon and 5K registration, and $1 for every 1-mile registration to the local chapter of the Boys and Girls Club of America. Additionally, Run & Ride donates $10 to the nonprofit for every chapter volunteer helping at the race.
Additional race information can be found at https://www.runandriderace.com/cedarpoint , and yes, you can still register to run, so what are you waiting for! Don't miss out on this unique, fun chance to race through the roller coaster capital of the world.
Cedar Point Half Marathon Weekend
- 5K and 1-mile run on Saturday, June 10, 2017
- Quarter-marathon and half-marathon on Sunday, June 11, 2017
- Packet pickup at Castaway Bay Ballroom (2001 Cleveland Road, Sandusky, Ohio 44870)
By - Tracy Brätt
- Created on .